There could be many reasons for why abortion may be necessary. Most of the reasons are relative, and a reason valid in one context may not be acceptable in some other part of the world. For example, the US or European concept of abortion won’t be acceptable norms as per Asian practice.
Here are 5 common reasons for abortion:
1. Unplanned pregnancy: Many couples face the problem of unplanned pregnancy and so they opt for medical termination of pregnancy. This type of medical abortion is carried out during the first trimester, and it is relatively risk-free, and pregnant ladies can use abortion pills.
2. Medical reasons: Medical reasons for termination of pregnancy can be a painful experience. The pregnant woman will be emotionally attached to the fetus, and she will find it tough to cope with the situation. That will be very stressful but since it is medically warranted there is no other option. The medical reason could be, the risk of life to the pregnant woman, defective fetus, a complication related to labor, etc.
3. Pregnancy due to rape or incest relationship: This kind of pregnancy is legally allowed to terminate in many countries. Considering the social implication and physiological well-being, this type of pregnancy may be allowed to drop even at a late stage.
4. Teenage pregnancy: Teenage pregnancy is a common reason for abortion. The pregnant girl is mostly underage, and hence, the girl would opt for abortion. This type of pregnancy is mainly noted in high school and college girls. When teenage girls engage in unprotected sex that may lead to unwanted pregnancy, and they opt for abortion.
5. Financial inability: Financial inability is one of the main reasons for medical termination of pregnancy. Many young would-be mothers won’t be having enough resources to manage the cost involved in the related labor expenses and raising the child. These types of mothers are mostly single moms who do not have any support or income source. During the pregnancy period, proper care must be given to the mother and fetus. If proper care is not provided that may later culminate to health related issues for both mother and child.
The above are some of the reasons for abortion, but there can be many more reasons. Some mothers would say, I don’t want to have one more child, and I am comfortable with the present one.
Some mothers want to terminate their pregnancy since it is from an out of wedlock relationship. She might go for an abortion to protect her social status. There are cases when a husband or other family members insist on an abortion. In the past, pregnant ladies adopted abortion methods at home that were risky. Today expectant moms can have clinical facilities and risk-free abortion.